20 Things to Know in Your Twenties -- RelevantMagazine.com
1. Live below your means
2. Live life an adventure, do not merely it. Slow down and see where God may take you
3. Honor God with your resources. Its a discipline cultivated over time
4. Get a clear picture of your 'dream' spouse.
5. Stop wrestling with god -- obedience
6. Wiat on God's timing
7. Do not settle for anything less than God's best
8. Take time to fill up. Learn to rest
9. Critique your bookshelf. What you read (or don't read) says a lot about you.
10. Pay God, pay yourself, pay your bills.
11. Establish perspective. Know your strengths and weaknesses. You're never as good as people say you are or as bad as people tell you.
12. Invest in people.
13. Pay your dues. Be faithful with the little and He will give you more.
14. Christ doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies those he calls
15. Face your fears.
16. Guard against the tyranny of the urgent. Prioritize daily. What are the most important thing you must do today? Do not allow others' crises to become yours. Establish boundaries. The things you don't manage you WILL lose.
17. Enjoy your freedom. Explore places. Work hard, play hard. Don't lament what you don't have. Enjoywhat you do have.
18. Establish disciplines. Structure provides more freedom.
19. Write down your pryaers.
And most importantly. Living out of position instead of condition.
You are, according to the word of God (from Relevant again):
The ABC'S of my position. I am..
Accepted in the Beloved Ephesians 2:6
Bought with a Price 1 Corinthians 6:20
Crucified with Christ Galatians 2:20
Dwelt by the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 3:16
Enslaved to God Romans 6:22
Freed from slavery to sin Romans 6:18
God's Child Romans 8:14
Heir of God's Riches Galatians 4:6-7
In Him Complete Colossians 2:10
Jesus' chosen inheritance Ephesians 1:4
Kingly Priest 1 Peter 2:9
Light of the World Matthew 5:14
Mastered no longer by Sin Romans 6:14
New Creation 2 Corinthians 5:14
One spirit with the Lord 1 Corinthians 6:17
Perfect in Christ Hebrews 10:14
Quieted in the reality of who God is Psalm 46:10
Raised up with Him Ephesians 2:5-6
Seated in Heavenly places w/Christ Ephesians 2:5-6
Transformed into the image of Christ 2 Corinthians 3:18
United to the Lord 1 Corinthians 6:17
Victorious through my Lord 1 Corinthians 15:57
Wonderfully made Psalm 139:14
Xpistos (greek for Christ) workmanship Ephesians 2:10
Yoked with righteousness 2 Corinthians 6:14
Zealous of good works Titus 2:14
My last post for awhile, I'm off overseas for the month of July. Sorry to disappoint all (2) of my faithful readers. :)