I'm realizing that thankfulness is a discipline...so I'm going to try to put these up everyday. Hopefully it'll encourage me to share a bit more too. You have a no idea how many "blog ideas" run through my head everyday...they rarely make it to the 'net.
1. "He disciplines those he loves."
2. "Now that you're here, everything is different, everything's so different. I know I'm not the same, my life you've changed..."
3. Learning by messing up at work.
4. Crappy days, because they drive me to the throne of grace.
5. Learning by messing up at work. (Yeah, this is up there twice because I messed up a WHOLE lot today.)
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in
weaknesses." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my
weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for
Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in
persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor 12:9,10
6. Crappy days, and then a swift kick in the pants to get out of my pity party because exactly how HARD is my life in La Jolla, CA in an apartment, with a car, a paid internship, and sun? Yeah, relatively CAKEWALK. SUCK IT UP. God's good. All the time.
7. Timely encouragement. Holy Spirit is cool and he wants to speak.
8. Jesus stepping back and letting me fend for myself...because I'm not going to get strong by watching, but by doing. Challenging books like 'Get the Word Out" by John Teter.
9. Loving on others with service. Like cooking them dinner, even though you originally planned to eat it yourself, but God said, "giiiiiiive it away." Yeah, its much more joyful that way :)
10. Cool people like Audrey (at least most of the time) who are willing to step out in faith and as a result, God gets to be really cool in their life. Thankful that I'm slowly learning that...